Life Hack

Don't judge, be less materialistic, read and plant a tree.

Sunday 12 October 2014

Like Optimus Prime, I Transformed.




I have been planning to start a blog since a very long time now, it's not just because I'm tired of over thinking on a particular subject, but also because it is like I discover something new every time and I can not always be sure enough to tell the other person about it. 

I get ideas, like everybody else, some wild, some subtle, some small and some humongous but unlike some very daring people I have repeatedly failed in carrying them out or even in giving them voice. 

There are things we all realise, at some point of time, through our experiences and many a times, these are some very significant life lessons. When this year started, I wanted something life changing to happen but what I hadn't realised was that, that the process had already started.

It was such a trivial thing which had acted like a catalyst but it changed my life. I had lost something very valuable, and I used to be the kind of person who'd let things-materialistic things have over-power me and so when I lost it, I was so disheartened that initially, I didn't want to accept it. 

Later, I cried about it, I started getting dreams about getting it back, I pretended as if nothing had happened but I was upset and a lot. Some days later, it hit me that it's never coming back and for other people, it was just a phone. 

For me, it was much more and why? I started thinking about it and I thought, how shallow. 


How shallow can I be? It was after all, a non-living, small working machine, neither a person nor my pet. Not even the roof above my head, not the bed I sleep on, not food or anything which is even remotely related with my life. It was a tool to facilitate my life, it was not my life. I realised my life was here, with my parents, in my house, in the college, inside my classroom, in the books I read, it was not tied to a thing.

 I realised I had given it too much control over myself and that I had been doing the same with all my things. I started being thankful, to the universe for working in my favour, for giving me all I had, my parents, my siblings, my friends. And that, changed my life. Significantly.

And then things ran smoothly, for ten seconds. New events started unfolding, one by one, every second I was torn between thinking deeply or letting it slide and I found myself over-thinking, over-reading every situation and I cursed myself for it. 

But now, at this point of my life I feel if there is a reason for an event to turn the way it did, one should find it and if not, then shmurr, we'll forget about it. *Random Thought Alert*- It's up to us, to take cues from life, it is a choice. If we're by ourselves, we don't owe our existence to anyone and so, our choices are justified  justified. Every time. Every time. Right?  





No comments:

Post a Comment