Life Hack

Don't judge, be less materialistic, read and plant a tree.

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Standing Up

Blue - almost sets the tone for this week and the previous one. Blue is the colour of my toe after a part of the 50kg glass table fell on it and blue was my nail paint then, so the doctor thought I was overreacting and blue is exactly what I felt like, when I realised that it wasn't just the nail that was hurting, it was also my abdomen and my back. Thanks, clear enough PMS signs.

The toe's much better and the life, easier. Raksha Bandhan was round the corner so I thought it's the best occasion to say my thanks to that one guy, whose name I have no clue of, and whose face I don't much remember for two reason, First - It was way too dark. Second - I didn't take a good look at him. All I remember is that he was lean, dark and one hell of a person.

This goes back to the end of February, when we were busy working for our college magazine. Time then, was just another dimension and not something we had to keep a track of. I had boarded a bus at 8 in the evening. The bus wasn't crowded much so when a man who could have sat anywhere, even in the luxurious front seat with extra leg space, chose to sit next to me and make my heart overwork, change my eyes' size from M to XXXL, transform my palms into sweat pumps and make my face look like that of a grumpy cat, I freaked out.

I was paranoid. Fault of our times, my bad, but this lean-dark-one-hell-of-a-person confronted the guy and asked him to sit somewhere else. Small deed, but the peace I had on my face at that moment would have beaten the peace at a monk's face.

 He could read the signs, he was able to figure out how terrified I was, and he gathered the guts to stand up when my voice had betrayed me. I couldn't have asked the man to get up and leave the seat for no reason, but he could. I was still arguing with the voice in my head which was asking me to chill the fuck up while my face was battling hard to look normal.

The guy got down somewhere before my stop and I never got the chance to thank him but - you go man, kudos to you. Not to suggest that I always always need protection and someone else to speak up for me but sometimes, it's a relief.

Yes, a perfect, faith in humanity restored incident. Just realised.

Faith in humanity, restored.

Happy Rakhi.








1 comment: